This event is in the "Friends of the Library" group.
7:00pm - 8:30pm
Clark Public Library
Friends of the Library
Friends Library Meeting
Friends of the Library monthly meeting.
Meeting Room Reservation Policy & Disclaimer
Meeting Room Reservations
All requests are pending until you receive a Meeting Room Reservation Confirmation email and you have agreed to the Meeting Room policy while filling out your room reservation.
Every applicant will designate an adult responsible for the supervision of the use of the assigned library meeting room. This individual, as well as the group, will be responsible for damages and additional cleaning that may be required.
Meeting Room Availability and Fees
All meeting room use is subject to availability. Meeting room required donations will be waived for library affiliated organizations or municipal agencies of Clark Township & Union County as well as at the discretion of the Director.
Meeting rooms are available for use during regular library hours:
Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday 9:45 a.m. – 8:45 p.m.
Wednesday, Friday, & Saturday 9:45 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Sunday 1:00 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. except June-August as the library is closed.
Note: Rentals requiring use of technology must be coordinated with the staff 24 hours prior to event .Permission to use a meeting room does not imply library endorsement of the goals, policies or activities of any group or organization.
Food and Drink
Refreshments can be served in the meeting rooms. If you are serving food, you MUST indicate the vendor you are using and coordinate with staff members for delivery purposes 24 hours in advance. The renter is responsible for prompt cleanup following the food service. Trash must be thrown away in the dumpsters located behind the Library. A vacuum or broom may be requested from the circulation desk and returned promptly after use. Failure to abide by any of these requests could result in the library denying future requests.
Permission to use a meeting room does not imply library endorsement of the goals, policies or activities of any group or organization. The library is not responsible for loss or damage of equipment, supplies, materials or any personal property owned by those sponsoring or attending meetings at the library. In addition, the Clark Public Library Board of Trustees, the Township of Clark, its officers, agents and employees are not to be held liable for any and all claims of injuries, including death, damages or loss, which may arise in connection with a meeting held on library property.
Additional Rules for the Use of Meeting Rooms
- Nonprofit organizations are defined as those organizations with proof of incorporation as a nonprofit or charitable entity; any organization recognized as a service organization; or any local group meeting for a specific not-for-profit purpose.
- For-profit organizations are defined as a group or organization whose purpose is to conduct operations to realize a financial profit.
- The library reserves the right to review each prospective use and determine whether that use falls within the Clark Public Library meeting room guidelines.
- Permission granted to meet in a library meeting room in no way constitutes endorsement by the library of the policies or beliefs of any group or organization.
- Use of the premises may be prohibited or terminated at any time if the conduct of the group interferes with staff work or patron use of the library, is disruptive to library service or patrons, or is abusive or dangerous to the building, library materials, exhibits, furnishings, or individuals in the building.
- The library retains the right to make exceptions to policy when warranted.
- Parties, showers, memorial services and other receptions cannot be held in the library.
- Groups cannot use the library’s name, address or telephone number as their official address or contact information.
- Groups may not publicize their meeting or event in such a way as to imply library sponsorship or that the meeting is open to the public.
- Groups renting the library’s meeting rooms may advertise their meeting through membership lists, private emails lists, opt-in marketing lists or other channels that reach a pre-defined group of members. Any advertisements of the meeting must include the following: The Clark Public Library does not advocate or endorse the viewpoints of meetings or meeting room users.
- Individuals may not smoke, use e-cigarette devices, consume alcoholic beverages or cook in the meeting rooms.
- The library is not responsible for equipment, supplies, materials or any personal property owned by those sponsoring or attending meetings at the library.
- Use of the meeting room shall not conflict with normal library operation or with library sponsored meetings, programs or activities. Groups will adhere to the Library Code of Conduct and keep noise levels consistent with the proper atmosphere of the library at all times.
- Groups that wish to hang items in the meeting rooms must use library-approved supplies
- Meeting rooms must be completely vacated by closing time or upon direction from a library staff member due to an alarm, weather, health and/or safety issue, or other issue in the library.
- Meeting room users are responsible for leaving the room in the same condition as originally found. The library reserves the right to charge a fee in the event the room is not returned to its original state following a meeting, and reimbursement of costs to restore the condition will be the responsibility of the renter.
The library’s meeting rooms are fully equipped to offer technical support for presentations and workshops. Audiovisual equipment is available to be used by outside groups renting meeting space. Groups may use their own equipment provided the library network and/or audiovisual systems are not compromised or unduly burdened. Any library equipment used must be left in the same condition in which it was found. Damage or loss of any library equipment or property will result in a financial liability to the individual and/or group reserving the room.
Cancellations/Denial of Meeting Room Privileges
Cancellation notification is required 10 days prior to each meeting. If notice is not given by that time, 50% of the payment due will still be charged.
The Director reserves the right to cancel any application. An appeal of this decision can be made to the Library’s Board of Trustees at a regularly scheduled meeting. The signer of the meeting room application must inform the library’s Administrative Office if a meeting is cancelled. In order to receive a refund, notice of cancellation must be received at least ten days prior to the scheduled event. If notice is not given by that time, 50% of the payment due will still be charged.
The library reserves the right to deny meeting rooms to organizations that repeatedly cancel meetings or repeatedly fail to notify the library of cancellations. No group will be permitted use of a meeting room if that use poses a potential disturbance to the normal operation of the library (e.g. excessive noise, a safety hazard or a significant security risk). The Director may also deny the use of meeting rooms to groups that violate meeting room policies.
Approved August 2018 by the Board of Trustees